Zanussi ZDT 6252 Dishwasher not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my zanussi has stopped draining properly.
It flashes the number 5 programme after it stops which indicates a draining problem.
I have checked for blockages and only found a few small bits of plastic which would not stop it draining.
The pump doesnt seems to be working properly ie it sounds like its trying to pump but no water (or very little comes out).
Does this sound like I need a new pump, and if so where is the best place to get one bearing in mind I live in the UK.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your motor doesn't have seperate wash and drain pumps. It has one motor with two impellors. One direction it washes, other it drains.
Common problem is the impellors get damaged and are unable to drain.
The impellors are made of plastic so anything going through can damage them.

thanks I have looked at both impellors and both turn fine and look undamaged.

I took the motor out to look at them.

maybe the motor is what is faulty...I got mixed up with the pump / motor

Check the drain hose for a blockage. Long length of soft wire pushed down will indicate if there is a blockage

Sponsored Links
I already did, there is no blockage.
No blockage in the bottom of the inside of the washer either.

If the wash motor runs (ie it washes) and it fails to drain but the motor runs then it can only be the impellors.
If however, the motor doesn't run then it's the motor or start capacitor.

it doesnt wash either.
When a cycle is selected it just fills up and stops.
so what sort of price for a new motor?
and where should I get it from?

thanks for your help by the way

No idea on prices, sorry. Do you hear a humming noise when it should be washing?
If so, try changing the capacitor before buying a new motor. Could be a sub £10 repair so I reckon worth a try before shelling out big money for a motor. If it doesn't work you've not lost a lot.
Other things to check are leak onto motor, broken wiring in the door loom, especially where it goes under the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back