New Kenmore 80 series no fill or drain intermitant.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My girlfriend purchased a new washer/dryer set the about a month ago. The old washer sometimes wouldn't fill or drain; the water would come in but just wouldn't fill the tub up. Therefore seeing that the set was 12 years old she just decided to replace the set. I installed the new washer and dryer. Low and behold, the new washer after a couple of washes, started showing the same symptoms as the old washer.
Could the problem be at the drain pipe? This is my theory: 1. when the the washer will not spin the water out, water is trapped in the line and can't get pumped out, or an air lock in drain pipe is causing this. 2. When the water just keeps running and the tub won't fill a siphoning effect is taking place and the water goes right down the drain tube; threrfore, the tub won't fill.
Any help would be appreciated. Remember this is an intermitent problem, it doesn't happen all the time.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back