Indesit WD12 Dial spins round

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Dial keeps going round, the machine does nothing, I have counted 10 flashes from the led light. Please can you help :cry:

Sponsored Links
If only it were that easy.
With Indesit it can be anything causing any of the reported faults.
Can only advise that you check the pressure switch hose and/or chamber isn't blocked.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Yes I have checked the pressure tube and it looks OK. Could it be the pressure unit, I have already ordered one, It was only £5.60. Do you think it could be anything other than the unit?

thanks Gary

At last- someone else who has the same problem, more or less....

We have one of these things, and since the damn thing was delivered have had an intermittent problem with the dial spining endlessly just after it has flushed the washing liquid chamber.

We get eight flashes of the main light, and the dial endlessly clicks away. This error code, I am told by Indesit engineers, is the dryer error code. However, we have had the thing inspected and cleaned out, new seals, a new motor, and a new pressure switch/sensor, yet it still keeps stalling in exactly the same manner.

The only way to get the thing to work is to switch it off at the mains, shake the whole machine violently, and then reconnect to the mains and hope for the best. This usually cures the problem, but not always, so you have to repeatedly assualt the machine until it learns to do as it is told! I know this sounds extreme- but it is the only way to overcome the problem.

We await another engineer to call on Monday next week..........

8 flashes isn't a dryer error code. It's "heater relay cannot be activated".
This is the water heater and the fault is normally with the main pcb.
Dryer faults are 13, 14 and 15 flashes.

Are you absolutely sure?

The service center said dryer error, and the engineer whom called last week said the self-test diagnostic said a pressure switch fault..... but of course that proved not to be the case....

I wonder if you can confirm how you know this? If this is the case then I can use you help to pressure the "senior" engineer on Monday to look at the pcb and maybe replace the whole board.

Yep. I'm looking at the error code list and it's not a dryer fault code.
Error codes are only a guide to the engineer. Although 8 flashes is "heater relay cannot be activated" there can be several causes for this.
A faulty pcb, bad connections to the pcb, broken connections at the heater or thermistor (thermostat if fitted). The connections at the heater have been known to break internally so the wire actually looks ok.
These would also give error code 8.

You mention assaulting the machine to get it working. This would indicate to me possibly bad connections or a sticky relay.

Thank you for you asisstance. Your information was most helpfull today.

When the "senior" engineer arrived he remembered having fitted the new motor earlier this year, and he immediately agreed with you that the error codes we now had indicated a problem with the pcb and/or heater relay.

He took the time to briefly show me the pc-based database he had with him on his laptop, and pointed out that different models had different configurations of circuit board and integrated relays, but agreed that the only option was to replace the pcb completely, and burn the EPROM with the required code.

We now have a replacement pcb and so far (touch wood- quickly!!) we have had a faultless performace from the machine...... I will post any more problems if they occur... but hopefull not.............

As far as I'm aware there are 4 or 5 different boards for the Indesit badged machines. (May be more now that they've taken over Hotpoint).

Glad you managed to get it sorted. Thanks for letting us know the outcome. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back