Reduction in overflow pipe now it leaks?

Hex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

As its about that time of year the heating systems start getting used again I thought I would check mine over and found that the pressure in my combi system was low.

So I topped it up and thought nothing of it, until the next day when I checked it it had dropped to zero again.

Filling it this time I noticed that the over flow outside was leaking water (at a vast rate not just a drip).

Now over summer a conservatory has been added to my house and the overflow pipe was cut near to the top of it as before it ran all the way vertically down to the floor.

Would this reduction in the overflow pipes length start the system to leak through it?

Or is it just a bad coincidence and a valve or something has gone inside the boiler?

Thanks for your time

Gav

Sponsored Links
probably PRV has gone, check in your manufacturers destructions, not a big job to replace.

It isn't an overflow pipe, it's there to release water when the pressure goes too high.
All is revealed if you wade through the descriptions in the faq section. See Boiler Pressure Problems

Sponsored Links
Yeah cheers for that, thought it may be something to do with the pressure relief valve side of life, just wanted to make sure that the change in this pipe hadn't caused the problem.

Cheers chaps

Gav

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back