Hotpoint WM62

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine recently stopped so as normal when this happens i changed the brushes(they needed doing)however this as not solved the problem,the maching will fill and start its wash but stops when it gets to the rinse and spin cycle,i have tried a new control unit but still no joy,please help my wife is going crazy.

Sponsored Links
Hi, My guess is the cold water valve or the rinse valve is gone. Disconnect power and check the coils on the valves with a meter.

See "Sticky" note at top.

Regards
Den

That is usually a symptom of worn brushes on this model it will go through the wash cycle ok but when asked to work a little harder in rinse/spin mode the motor stops at this point and the program stops. If you have just changed the brushes recentley and have had the machine functioning ok for a while check the brushes again for premature ware if this is the case a new motor will be required as the armature has distorted or lifted. If it has never fully worked since changing the brushes it would still indicate a fauulty motor and the only thing I can think of is that it may be a build up of carbon on the armature. You can inspect this with one of the brushes out. If it looks burnt/black you can obtain a armature cleaning stick from a white goods supplier. It would be worth a try before the cost of a new motor.

Thanks to :Tockworth and 5Toke5
Did as you sugested only to find that the problem was one of the brushes was sticking back inside its case, this was due to the metal securing tag being pushed down therefore holding the brush back, all is now ok thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back