Biasi 24S cycling in both DHW/CH - please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Biasi 24S combi that has been playing up for a month or so. The CH was working fine but hot water was always cyclic from cold/tepid to hot - very annoying for running a bath and showering. I figured it probably just needed a service.

Now both DHW and CH have all but stopped working. The boiler will fire up for maybe 2-3 seconds then switch off, fire up for a few seconds then switch of....etc etc. It does this for both DHW and CH.

What could the problem be? It doesnt sound like a DIY job to me but wanted an expert opinion before I pay someone to fix it. :)

I have signed up for british gas service contract yesterday (£12 per month with a yearly service included) which includes all parts and labour but not sure if it is a bit cheeky to call them now seeing as I have only just signed up and haven't had a safety inspection yet?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Ben

Sponsored Links
hot water was always cyclic from cold/tepid to hot
Can often be sludge in the Secondary heat exchanger.

fire up for a few seconds then switch of....etc etc. It does this for both DHW and CH
Can often be sludge in the Primary heat exchanger.

I have signed up for british gas service contract yesterday
Oh dear. One thing they don't cover - Sludge :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hi Chris, Thanks for the reply.

Is this a DIY job - removing sludge? Isnt there an additive I can buy then flush the system after a few weeks (a remember reading something about this previously).

Thanks again

Ben

Sponsored Links
Anyone else?

I am pretty desperate to get this sorted in the next day or so. One cold shower is enough for me! :cry:

Thanks

Ben

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back