Remove radiator and cap off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a rad in the conservatory that i want to permanently remove.
When i have removed the rad i will be cutting back the pipes. Can i then just cap off the 2 pipes or do i have to loop them into each other.

The rad is at the end of the run and on each pipe there is a drain nozzle.

Sponsored Links
If you loop them you will pevent air collecting in what is known as passive deadlegs (dead ends basically). air in these dead legs could possibly cause annoying or unwanted noise, depending on there length. If your heating system is pressurised (sealed\unvented) then the noise etc may well be increased.

Actually might be easier than i thought.

The rad i'm removing in the conservatory is connected to the system via the pipes from a rad in the kitchen. There is an inline isolation valve (similar to this) on each pipe in the kitchen and from there they have been extended into the conservatory rad.

So presumably it will be ok to just shut off the valves and then disconnect the pipework on the "off" side of the valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back