vibration noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into a newly built house in January, with oil/hot water heat. After some high winds Saturday (which may or may not be related) the system has developed vibrations that can be felt 2 floors away through the wall. You have to raise your voice to be heard above it. The builder replaced the damper and reduced the draft intake from outside. The problem remains unchanged. Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
We recently experienced a humming noise in our house during a strong windstorm. It goes on 24 hrs a day, and is keeping us awake. The power co., phone co., and cable people have all told us it's not electrical, and it doesn't seem to be noise from outside because our neighbors don't have the problem. We have oil/hot water heat and town water. Could this be a plumbing problem? We'd appreciate any suggestions because we are just at our wits end!

hi I am having Humming Problems 24 hours a day,for 10 days now it keeps me awake,and i am at my wits end too,have complained to the council and want them to come inside the house to record the noise itself,have heard that the heating system of neighbours can produce this sound,so that needs to be addressed as soon as possible...meanwhile ear plugs might help...but the environmental health dept in the council should help you somehow YOURS SINCERELY Chris Massey-Lynch Cambridge Cambs England [email protected]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back