turbomax plus fails to give hot water or central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've got a 4 year old turbomax plus 828E boiler - in the last two weeks it's struggled to give hot water, fault code says S33 "check air/flue system" there's no blockage in the flue.Could there be air trapped in the system or could it be the electronic control board playing up? If thats the case is that component actually the PCB?
Any help very gratefully recieved
cheers
eduniverse

Sponsored Links
APS fault likely if the fan runs, requires a competent engineer as its a safety device

thanks for the quick response. can't tell if the noise its making is the fan or the pump attempting to start - the green light does come on for a minute but then it never actually ignites. If it is the APS - what does that stand for and couldn't i fit it? Am fairly good with mechanical things
And thanks again. Am v glad you're not in the pub which is where I could have been except i HAVE to fix this thing - the Vaillant engineer will cost a fortune

if as you say the flue airways are completely clear and that the fault code is not a hoax then wit would point to an Air Pressure Switch.

connected to the fan via rubber tubes, possibly blocked/obstructed.
same applys to fan venturi.

unfortunatly i cannont explain further as this is corgi territory.

maybe the instruction manual will help. also its not necessary to call the manufacturers themselves, plenty of competent engineers that probably charge a fraction of the price.

Sponsored Links
Rob is spot on it will be a fault with the troublesome air pressure switch, now replaced with a huba

rob and ollski - thanks you are lovely blokes. i dispatch trains at paddington and today i was told by a passenger that i was a lovely bloke, perhaps kharma does exist. with your advice i might even be able to have a bath on sunday! cheers again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back