Noisy during wash cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first a 'thank you' for the bits of help I've got from searching this site on various issues...
Second, I have a 1 1/2 year old LG direct drive washing machine (aparently loose my 2 year warranty because I bought from Comet...). It makes a terrible noise when spraying the water during the wash cycle. No noise on spin only and no noise when draining. Which leads me to believe there must be some sort of circulation pump used during the wash cycle.
If thats the case, does anyone know if it's a sepearte pump (from the drain one) and if so can I get at it to clean out anything that might be stuck? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
The machine still washes fine but the noise is driving us nuts...
Any help appreciated.
Cheers,
Scott

Sponsored Links
Best way is to take the back panel off and have a look at the base of the machine, you follow the drain hose back to the drain pump, now look see if there's another one. If there is................. that's the one you need to check out.

Hi. Not much help fixing your washer dryer but I do work for comet and it definately gets sold with a 2 year manufacturer guarantee. We still advertise this information instore, so whoever has told you that it doesn't seems to have mis-informed you. Check out the Comet website and LG washers - it states 'standard 2 year warranty'. You do need proof of purchase obviously (Comet receipt). Not sure though whether you only have a certain amount of time after purchase to register with LG for the guarantee. If in doubt, ring the Comet Number and press the option for service. As far as I know, Comet will repair your washer under that 2 year warranty. p.s. Don't be fobbed off - either LG or Comet have to come out to it!

Sponsored Links
Many thanks mariannel. Phoned Comet back and I said the 1yr guartee on their system was wrong and they should honour the manufacters 2yr. After a few transfers they agreed and are sending a service engineer...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back