bleeding daily

Sponsored Links
You're such a wag, cm, and I love you - you know that. ;)

I'll answer anyway if you don't mind. My original point was relevant to the question that you asked, being as it was a direct explanation of how a high water level in an f&e cistern could cause a system to become aerated. In your usual nitpicking manner it was you who started to quote certain lines of the explanation back out of context, and dissected them as best you could with spurious arguments. Then when you you feel that you are not getting anywhere you twist your arguments around (just like me missus really) and bring something else into it. The whole point is that you ask a question and then can't accept that there is an answer that you yourself hadn't thought of, that is a problem you seem to suffer from.

sooey said:
I'll answer anyway if you don't mind.
I don't mind at all.

My original point was relevant to the question that you asked
And for the nth time, I know that it was - I've only said that it was irrelevant to the OP's problem, and I've been saying that all along.

...being as it was a direct explanation of how a high water level in an f&e cistern could cause a system to become aerated.
Yawn.

it was you who started to quote certain lines of the explanation back out of context, and dissected them as best you could with spurious arguments.
I don't see how quoting your own words back to you, during a discussion of the relevence of those words and accuracy of their meaning, could in any way be out of context.

Then when you you feel that you are not getting anywhere you twist your arguments around
Not so - my arguments has consistently been that you posted about theory I'd not encountered, and that when you explained it to me I could see that is something that is not applicable in this topic.

The whole point is that you ask a question and then can't accept that there is an answer that you yourself hadn't thought of
So how does the following admission fit in with this claim of yours:

Softus said:
Interesting theory - not one I'd heard before.
:?:

Sponsored Links
it's not "my theory", it's a very well known and widely taught explanation of one way (pumping over being another) that an open vented central heating system can become aerated, thats all it is and all it was intended to be, an honest answer to a question you asked. if you don't agree with it that's your prerogative, but you are disagreeing with a lot of far cleverer people than me, and you I would suggest. Anyway I know that like I've alredy said, you like a good argument, but this one has long since become tiresome and I'm off to bed.

sooey said:
it's not "my theory"
Until you provide a reference for the theory, it remains yours.

it's a very well known and widely taught explanation of one way (pumping over being another) that an open vented central heating system can become aerated
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't - something that's believed by a lot of people isn't necessarily correct.

Either way you've misrepresented the principle, which is one by which a system will become oxygenated and thereby corrode, not one by which a system will inhale big gobs of air that muscle up to rad vents panting to be let out again. You are, in a word, wrong. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

I'm off to bed.
Time will tell. ;)

Sooey you keep repeating the same childish silliness. You got it wrong, it was pointed out and you don't like it. Tough. Now shut up please.

ChrisR said:
Sooey you keep repeating the same childish silliness. You got it wrong, it was pointed out and you don't like it. Tough. Now shut up please.

Here here and thrice here

corgiman & chrisr, I apologize to you and the op for participating in dragging this thread off topic, but. my original answer to softus was simply an attempt to give an answer to a question he asked,no more, no less. I haven't at any time claimed that it may be the problem the op was suffering from. If you go back and read softus overbearingly arrogant (gods gift to plumbing) and dismissive replies, you may see why I wouldn't let it go, neither would he (of course) and thats why it developed from there. You two seem like decent fellas to me, and I respect your opinions & knowledge (softus's as well as a matter of fact). As an answer to his question my reply was a correct one I believe, that's what I have been arguing about since, if it was wrong and a wrongly adjusted ballvalve wouldn't lead to air ingress in a system, would one of you two please explain why. If not, stay out of our private argument :mad: ;)

Read your post again and spot the error:
...the water will expand into the already full tank and out of the overflow, causing the ballvalve to open. As the water contracts again on cooling, this then introduces freshly oxygenated water into the system.

It's a public forum. You do not have the right to be ignored!

Softus is a bit of a pedant, a useful trait amongst plumbers. It's important to have ALL the water in the right place!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back