Problem with Zanussi DCE5655 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During the washing cycle.. the machine switches to draining and continues to attempt to pump out water even after all the water is gone.

Further to this, the buttons on the front of the machine have no effect at this time and even switching of the main ON/OFF switch on the front has no effect.

Also if I open the door the machine continues to pump out (I have added water at this point and it to is drained away).

The only way of stooping the machine is to switch off at the mains supply.

If I switch the mains on again the machine continues to attempt to drain (door open or closed)

Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem may be?

Sponsored Links
Hi there.
Sounds like the machine has gone into flood mode. There will be water in the base which turns on the pump and overides any other controls. Try tipping the dishwasher backwards and see what runs out on the floor.
If you have water in the base then you need to check for leaks.

Thanks Sparky...

It was indeed "flood mode" .

After investigation I have traced the fault to a split hose and I have ordered a replacement.

Thanks again... :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back