Ideal Mini C24 pressure rising on guage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have an Ideal Mini C24 combi boiler. Noticed when coming to use the central heating that the pressure guage was at 3. Vented preussure/water off from a rad to get down to 1 to use the boiler. After using it about 10 hours later the pressure is back to 2.5 to 3, even if the heating hasn't been used.

The filling circuit is permanently connected via a one way valve and then to unit which you turn to let in water to the system. I have replaced this hoping it had failed and was letting a trickle of water in but this did not help.

After looking on forums and speaking to a plumber the general opinion was the expansion vessel had failed. As a double check last night I let water out of the rad from a cold system down to 1 bar and then shut off the mains water over night. In the morning it was still at 1 bar.

Now I'm a little perplexed with the problem. Is there any way the boiler could be adding water to the central heating system internally. If so I would have thought the hot water would seem contiminated but it seems fine. If it was going to go anywhere in the boiler I would have thought it would leak from the boiler as it's at a higher pressure.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Thanks Doug

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back