Triton T70 won't turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved house, and the Triton T70 shower I've inherited was working perfectly up until a week ago. Now, it won't turn off if I turn the dial to the off position.

As with most shower installations, there is a pull-cord in the bathroom, which enables the power. Usually, this cord would do nothing except enable power, but I'm now having to use this instead of the dial on the Triton unit!

With the switch in the off position, the shower continues to pump out water at full speed...except its cold.

I'm a complete and utter plumbing newbie and this is my first house too, so need as much help as someone is willing to give. More than happy to get my hands dirty though.

Sponsored Links
electric showers are often made "on the cheap" with spares costing almost as much as a new shower, may be easier to get new shower.

how ever you may want to see has the knob sheared off first

It is probably the water solenoid valve wich is stuck or bunt out.
The water going cold would indicate this.
The prevoius answer is best. Change the shower but check the cable size etc. is big enough for the new shower.
JonB

Yes, it will be the water solenoid valve.

These often fail because a projectile has passed through the thin gauze filter; you may well see a hole in it where a lump of cack has sped through.

If the shower is more than 3 years old I too would recommend binning it. If you can find another Triton T70 of the same kw rating it will be a doddle. On cable, one pipe, half an hour.

turn the juice off and wear slippers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back