Clicking Ideal Classic

thanks gas

You want the job????

;) ;)

sheesh give me a suprima new board and bob is defo your dads brother

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Give me a Suprima board anytime, spend 40 minutes fitting only to find i break the electrode!! Note to self order PCB and electrode when on a Suprima :oops:

Gas2Air said:
Give me a Suprima board anytime, spend 40 minutes fitting only to find i break the electrode!! Note to self order PCB and electrode when on a Suprima :oops:

did that the other day wif an envoy

spent ages gently coxing in the new insulation plates into place, only at the last minute to break the blleeeedin hot surface ignitor wif my fat fumb

buuuggger

who'd work on boilers sheesshh

Speaking of the Envoy have to change gasket/seals on a burner, sump/condensate and flue Thursday not looking forward to it.

Sponsored Links
Gas2Air said:
Speaking of the Envoy have to change gasket/seals on a burner, sump/condensate and flue Thursday not looking forward to it.

You will be lucky if you get the burner out without any of the screws snapping off.

Good luck :LOL:

scatmanjohn said:
Gas2Air said:

You will be lucky if you get the burner out without any of the screws snapping off.

Good luck :LOL:

they do have a tendency of round off on the thread too

git of a job

bring some high temp silifome too ;)

I've got a 6 year old Barcelona i took out yesterday in the garage i could replace it with if all else fails :evil:

Ha i see we are not alone over the magical Barcelona!! Bag of S***E. :evil:

went to one a week ago and the heat exchanger had MELTED

killed the burner and the fan

and scared the beejayus out of me

Had the fins melted or the whole HE? The Baxi PF2 is prone to the fins melting and causing shale on the burner?

I was going to say that. Have had about 3 on Classics go open circuit once warmed a bit, working again when cooled down. Much slower cycles than yours though.
How fast does it go on and off? Is it regular and unending?
FLame detection probe moving when hot?
Move everything a bit and see if it changes!

thanks fitz and chris for replying

it is almost instantaneous chris on/off/on and as for when it does it its really spasmodic not pattern at all

I did check the probe and its in good condition how do I check movement in it while the boiler is working?

I did press of the pcb connectors tight and it stopped doing it but its back
:(

Fitz I will change the gas valve on the morrow, sorry tony I am one of those gits who is throwing parts at a boiler, mind you its coming outta me on sky so not too bad ;)

Thanks again boys, if we all get together for a xmas **** up I am buying :)

hey that sounds like a top idea all up to hartlepool and abuse Kevs (pappys) hosiptality :):):)

Hi
I know sod-all about boilers, but I just thought I'd mention that mine had the same symptoms a while back.... used to suddenly click like crazy and always seemed to happen around 8pm when the boiler had been on since 7pm.
Called BG engineer and it turned out it was the mechanical timer - you know the kind with little segments that you push in/pull out to set?
New timer solved the problem.
I don't suppose it's that though.. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back