vokera linea 24 hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
continuing on from my other posts, i have cleaned the heat exchanger but to no avail, so i bought a new one but still the problem persists. any new ideas?

another problem, when i turn my cold taps on or flush the toilet the boiler kicks in, this has not just started happening its been doing it for a while. is it a diaphragm problem or something else.

your help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The flow switch at your boiler seems to be kicking in when you use the cold water main for flushing bog etc.

this may sound stupid or obvious but i can get hotter water from my taps if i have other cold taps running at the same time.

Sponsored Links
If the boiler fires up when using the cold taps there is probably a dead leg section of pipework. This is usually an old length of pipework not in use that contains air. As you use the taps the air trapped air (under pressure)causes the water to flow through the boiler hot water sensor.

Locate the pipework (sometimes the old cylinder vent pipework) and remove it or fit a vent to bleed out the air. Alternatively a strategically placed non-return valve should sort it.

As for the other problem: When you turn the cold taps on you reduce the flow of water through the combi to the hot tap. Therefore the water heats up more.

dope said:
sorry for the confusion but do you know the answer to my problems?

To be honest it would be a guess without being stood in front of the boiler armed with my mutimeter/digital thermometer/flow cup etc etc.

So i will bow out of this one.

Sorry

As he posted a new thread I dont know the background.

There are many other reasons why the Linea may be giving poor DHW performance apart from a blocked secondary heat exchanger.

A clue might have been given by the colour of the water which came out when it was drained.

Finding boiler faults can involve gathering many clues before ariving at a deduction.

Tony

if it helps any the water was a very milky colour, thanks for keeping me in mind and coming up with more possibilities.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back