Indesit Evolution 1200 (WE12) Nothing lighting up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Machine went bang and went off (only a small noise, wasn't sure what it was, sounded like a spoon had dropped off the worktops to be honest) realised the machine had stopped, then realised the ring main had tripped out (reset mains).
Machine came on started to make usual noises but didn't spin.
Checked and cleaned pump ok.
Realised the drum was trying to turn but not making it.Thought something had fallen into the drum and jammed it but it was as free as it should be.Wasn't the belt but the motor had lots of dust from the bushes.. Cleaned the commutator off and hey presto the machine managed to spin the drum (if a little sluggish).
Fitted new bushes and switched the machine on - got absolutely nothing, the front display panel hasn't lit up and nothing is making a noise.
Checked the obvious fuse in the plug, checked for 240v on the end of the mains lead (which reading on this site goes to a filtering capacitor)= 0k
Checked the power on the other terminals of the capacitor and 240v's there as well.
One of the leads going from the capacitor (light brown) appears to go to the door catch ????? but I can't get my probe down there without taking it completely to bits.
Checked all the bits that might have pulled out, come loose etc and nothing looks obviously wrong.

any ideas thanks?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, but needs must and I had to go and buy a new machine (we've all been really ill and the washing was mounting up, didn't feel like pulling machine to bits etc)..

replaced with an Indesit W121 (short notice, want it now type thing £220.. I know I could have got better cheaper etc, but that would have meant waiting )

anyway it seems ok and the motor looks to be identical so I have spares now...

(incidently while looking for a new washer I spotted two different Indesit models, both looked the same, all the same buttons and such, the only difference I could see was the spin speed. Oddly one that was a 1600 was £220 and the one that was I think 1300 was nearer £250 why would this be the case??? same shop almost side by side etc )

Sponsored Links
The retailer getting a better deal on the 1600 one!

Shame you couldn't have gone the extra £50 for the Bosch WAE28162, much better machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back