Ideal Classic 280 pressure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Ideal Classic 280 combi boiler and when the heating goes off the pressure drops down to zero within a few minutes. When the heating goes on again the pressure rises to 1.5 bar ( in line with what the system pressure has been set to) All rads are working fine and I can see no leaks, either outside or inside. The only other problem I have is a few strange gurgling noises in the boiler and 1 rad when the heaing comes on.

Any Ideas what might be the problem and how to fix it?

many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Cheers, can you tell me if its safe to use the heating for a few days until I can get someone to look at it?

Yeah should be fine to run it for a few days. The boiler will shut down to protect itself anyway if system pressure becomes too low. Get a Corgi in with his pump to repressurise the Expansion vessel.

Once thats done the heating should be fine and you'll no longer be 'blue' :D

Hope that helps.

Sponsored Links
Hello

I need some more advice....

I've now had my boiler serviced...my radiators de-aired...my expansion vessel re-pressurised....my blow out valve replaced....i've no evidence of any leaks....and its still losing pressure when heating goes off. My heating engineer is at a loss as to what it is...and so am I. I know its a long shot but anyone got any clues?

I also hear a loud gushing noise in my bedroom radiator when the boiler goes on - its water gushing into it, can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Many thanks in advance.

expansion vessel may have quickly lost charge due to it being completly shot.

have you got pipes (heating) running under the ground floor?

I have got pipes running under the floor but i live in a first floor flat so if they were leaking I think my neighbour below me may have something to say about it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back