Close Couple toilet continues to run?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a reasonably new close coupled toilet(2 years old). It continues to run out of the pan sometimes. This isnt I dont think via the overflow(ive had a look in the cistern) ? I'm not familiar with the workings. I'm puzzled becasue it doesnt do it all the time. The lever sits on the top of the cistern :( (2 buttons). Anyone got any ideas why it should do this?
Thx
Jamie

Sponsored Links
Next time it happens lift the lid off the cistern, if this stops it the pegs that push the flush mechanism are probably a touch too long and will need altering.

Sponsored Links
If lifting the lid doesn't stop it, and the water is below the overflow there may be a bit of grit under the flush valve seat stopping it from sealing.

I have seen a cable operated valve where the cable was binding, and a button that occasionally jammed a few millimetres short of 'closed' as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back