Bosch WFL2260 Wash Machine Brush Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Bosch WFL2260 has given up the ghost. It was working but making a ticking noise when spinning. Now it does nothing, apart from fill up with water. Drum doesn't turn at all. having read this forum and another one, I've decided to have a go at replacing the motor carbon brushes. Spares are on order (£14.99 vacuumbags2you.com), but my question is, does anyone have any experience of the job and can give me any pointers as to problems that may be encountered?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Depends on which motor is fitted. One, the whole end cap is replaced and is akward to do. The other is easy, straight replacement.
Take the motor out of the machine to do it, much easier.
Before you fit the carbons check the armature for raised segments, if there are any you'll need a new motor.

Thanks sleepyhead. Anyway I can tell by machine serial number or similar what motor may be fitted? The bushes I have ordered are just a pair of carbon pieces on what look like coiled springs. They are shown on the Bosch site as applicable to my machine (WFL2260/01UK)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back