Hoover HW6316M wont dry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought this one yesterday- second hand. Last night it heated on the drying cycle fine but today it wont heat. Washing is fine. Any ideas? (the kids need their uniforms dried for the morning!) :(

Sponsored Links
now you know why they sold it.

hang washing on a radiator, its cheaper, and better

Not exactly constructive is it? As I said, it worked last night and it is under guarantee. I would just like to get it working tonight, rather than wait til the morning.

Anyway, thankyou for the entirely unhelpful and inappropriate reply.

but you said it was 2nd hand.

if its under g'tee you will probably void it if you touch it yourself

and putting stuff on a radiator is not unhelpful
a w/d dries differntly and takes a long time

Sponsored Links
Again, thank you, but totally unconstructive. Had I asked "how else can I dry the kids uniforms" it would have been, but as I asked for advice on my machine it is not.

And besides, how do you even know if I have radiators?(don't bother answering, its retorical)

devonia5 said:
Bought this one yesterday- second hand. Last night it heated on the drying cycle fine but today it wont heat. Washing is fine. Any ideas? (the kids need their uniforms dried for the morning!) :(

don't Know this particular model... However 1 feature of Hoover washer dryers is that they have an automatic cut off when the lint trap gets full up... Its a design fault.. Our washing dryer, also a Hoover, every six month used to stop drying . (or rather try to dry but with no heat) A service engineer taught us what to do when this happens. I'd be happy to talk you through it though it would involve unplugging the machine and you'd have to be handy with a wrench and a screw driver.. Again I don't know this model but could supply you with photo's and instructions, save you sixty quid call out!

Most likely one of the thermostats has tripped. Lack of air flow across the heater due to; fan not running or blockage in the condenser or heat chamber.
As it's under warranty best to leave it and get them in to repair it.

This must be a common problem with this model. The same happened with mine, just shortly after the guarantee had expired. Recently the soldering on the drum has come apart, and ripped the clothes that were in the drum at the time. I would advise anyone against purchasing this model

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back