Noisy Spin Cycle Clockwise Spin only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Conia washing maching (Korean)

Have a washer that virtually jumps up and down on the spin cycle. I have to lean on top of it to stop it jumping out of the cupboard, really bangs hard.

Watched it the other day and it only happens on the anti clockwise spin.

Took the lid off and checked the concrete was on tight, the two springs at the top of the drum looked in good condition. Looked at the bottom of the dum and there are two gas shock absorbers (struts), similar to the ones on a hatch back car.

One seemed a in good condition and the other was a bit dirty with igns of rust.

We bought it of someone else and it lay on ots side in the car for about an hours journey.

Thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
Hi Rob, not sure if this will help much, but perhaps worth looking at.
I had a similar experience with a washer dryer.
It didn't jump about and need holding down, but it was much more noisy when going round one way than the other.
It got worse over a few days and then started making sparks that could be seen underneath it.
It turned out to be one segment lifting at one edge away from the armature where the motor bushes made contact, so the bushes did a small ski jump when it was going one way, but crashed into the "ski jump" when the motor was going the other way.
I could hear the click when turning the drum over by hand.
Before long the segment lifted completely and destroyed the bushes.
Needed a new motor. :cry:
HTH's
Tony

Hi Tony

thnaks for the reply, not sure if that is my problem but it is a good idea to turn the drum by hand in each direction to try and see what the problem is.

I will do it tonight. Any other suggetions keep them coming

Thanks
Rob
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well looks like it must have been a too heavy load or an unbalanced load. Removed the lid and ran it on two spin cycles and it seems to be fine.

Thnaks for the suggestions
Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back