combi not firing up??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am without hot water or heating, the combi boiler is switched on, but does not fire up when you turn on the taps. It was working just fine, then one of the downstairs radiators was leaking, it hasn't worked since. Can anyone help??

Sponsored Links
It's probably something wrong if it's a ********boiler, or the **** if it's the ************* boiler. Of course it could be a ******** but without knowing what you've got, this is the best we can do.

Sponsored Links
take front cover off. inside on the left is a vertical 22mm copper pipe. about half way up is an overheat stat.there will be a very small red or black button in the middle of the stat. press it and hey presto.

The overheat switch may have tripped. As said above, you should locate the button and reset it. On my boiler its easily accessible, not sure about your baxi though

Londoner said:
The overheat switch may have tripped. As said above, you should locate the button and reset it. On my boiler its easily accessible, not sure about your baxi though

Which is why fitz1 posted what you can read in the post :rolleyes:

There is a kit to eliminate this problem Baxi part number 5115349

yeah , and its a lot better to reset using the dial on the front panel with the new part.why dont they just put the aav on top of boiler , it would eliminate air when boiler is highest point of system.

This problem is normally caused by oversized or dead-ended dhw pipework (combi replacement for an immersion heated tank) this is not an inherent boiler problem just poor installation practise.

only ever happened where boiler was highest point.in most cases one cant expect to rip someones house apart to change a 22mm hot pipe to 15mm.any case it only happens with this make and model.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back