Shower Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower door which seems to have dropped. It has two screws at both top and bottom and all are tight. Can anyone offer advice on how I can sort this problem. Many thanks.
Steve

Sponsored Links
Have a look at how the frame is fixed to the walls, my shower enclosure has adjusting screws on the frame to allow for uneven walls on installation. If one of those has come loose the enclosure will sag and the door will drop.

Worth a try....

The four screws holding your shower door in place pass through a plastic eliptical adjuster. Assuming that the jamming door is due to it's weight having allowed it to drop and is binding on the bottom runner, the top two adjusters could require resetting. I would advise not attempting to remove the door to do this. An adjustment is made by loosening the screws a couple of turns (no more or the whole adjuster will fall out). The screws are countersunk into the plastic adjuster ring which should have slot to take the thickness of a 2p coin, turning these either way lifts or lowers the door. I suggest you make the adjustments one at a time.
Loosen the screw - carefully take the weight of the door with one hand and turn the plastic adjuster with the other, ( retighten the screw). Repeat with second top adjuster. Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back