bleeding radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My radiators have no bleeding valve. nothing which even resembles one. they are modern radiators with a thermostatic valve at the bottom on one side and nothing at all at the top corners. they gargle and gloop and generally sound as if there is air trapped inside. What do I do?

Sponsored Links
I reckon u must be missing it. Look closer at the top right or left / top back. There will be one, unless its snapped off sumhow from a previous bleed.

Myson round tops anyone ?

Look over the top of the rad about 4 inches from the left and you may see a plastic cap behind which should be the bleed nipple.

the only thying which vaguely resembles a radiator bleed valve is on yhe botton left (opposite side to the thermostat). there is a plastic cap with a brass thingummy under it, which does not, however, look like a square radiator bleed valve. it comes to a chisel-type point, and the radiator keys i bought don;t fit on it. Just below that, on a branching-off bit of piping, is something square that looks more like a radiator bleed valve, but it's too big and in the wrong place. and my radiator keys don't fit it either.

Sponsored Links
bdbradley7070 said:
the only thying which vaguely resembles a radiator bleed valve is on yhe botton left (opposite side to the thermostat). there is a plastic cap with a brass thingummy under it, which does not, however, look like a square radiator bleed valve. it comes to a chisel-type point, and the radiator keys i bought don;t fit on it.
Has someone fitted your rads upside down?
Just below that, on a branching-off bit of piping, is something square that looks more like a radiator bleed valve, but it's too big and in the wrong place. and my radiator keys don't fit it either.
That sounds like a combined drain off and lockshield valve.

Any chance of posting a picture or 3?

Ye cannae change the laws of physics--------Jim :eek: there is a vent somewhere near the TOP :LOL:

I had the same problem, check over the back left handside of your radiator. I found my bleed valve there, you can't see mine at first because it sits flush with the radiator itself, you can only feel it. Hope this helps. :LOL:

Yep mine's the same and I can tell you it can be found top left hand side on the back of the radiator (usually has a white cap covering it). It's very small and a bit hard to get to...

Hi there mates. I guess most of us are having difficulties on our radiators. Just repaired my car radiator recently and right now it got damaged again. I I need to replace it..

Hi everyone, whilst you're all here, giving good radiator advice... Does anyone have any tips for a radiator with a threaded valve. I can get the key on, but as soon as I try to turn it it slips off. I've been to try and find a key with a bit more leverage but can find one that will fit. As the keys are so flimsy, I can't get any extra leverage with a screwdriver through the handle either. Any advice would be appreciated thanks...

Hi everyone, whilst you're all here, giving good radiator advice... Does anyone have any tips for a radiator with a threaded valve. I can get the key on, but as soon as I try to turn it it slips off. I've been to try and find a key with a bit more leverage but can find one that will fit. As the keys are so flimsy, I can't get any extra leverage with a screwdriver through the handle either. Any advice would be appreciated thanks...

Get a Key (Allen type) to remove the Bleed Unit , Buy a new one and refit same

lucky

anyone know if there's a guide for radiators online somewhere? Had the double glazing guys in and I think they must have messed with something and now they sound like they need bleeding

Pictures speak a thousand words, now let us see the problem and we maybe able to offer more help...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back