Flue terminal legal? (pic)

Sponsored Links
its a puma, no MI. However ACS rules are 300mm all round but that doesnt include the adjacent wall as more chance of fumes entering especially a door!

Never been any good with this, too many variables for them to put it on paper.

Sponsored Links
This is a situation where the written regulations catch people out because they have to THINK and reach a conclusion.

Most MI requirements say a mimimum of 300 mm from any opening into the building.

But wherever its fitted it must not cause any danger or inconvenience!

That requires a judgement!

Tony

thanks guys.

Tony the boiler that actually concerns me is a Vokera Flowmatic with very similar terminal arrangments. Landlord has asked for my opinion on the heating system (so i can repair if necessary) and also any problems likely to arise when a LGSC is done.

If this really is left to judgment then im satisfied my concern really was the fact i wasn't sure and had no way of confirming. Despite a 2'' thick gas reg book.

Looks AR as a minimum and possibly ID since the boiler will be breathing its own combustion products when the door is wide open and up tight against the terminal; also possible combustion of the door.

So if the flues only 10mm from the glass with the door open its still only NCS?

Don't agree.

Thats the problem! It required judgement and thats a variable personal issue.

I would say that its OK when the door is closed becoming AR if the door is opened to block the flue completely.

However if the door completely blocked the flue outlet then the APS would shut off the boiler.

Tony

Looks like the door will hit the blob on the soil pipe, so OK, becoming ncs when door open. Therefore installation is ncs.

ChrisR said:
Looks like the door will hit the blob on the soil pipe, so OK, becoming ncs when door open. Therefore installation is ncs.

Ncs for under 2m with no terminal guard already chris.

You're right of course, I should have said I don't think the situation makes it any worse.

When the door is open it becomes in effect an opposing wall which should be at a minimum of 600 mm in front of the terminal!

The 600 mm is the default distance and can be changed if the manufacturers choose to.

I do disagree with 600 mm being sufficient in some cases. Last week I saw a premix boiler discharging into the middle of the neighbours opposing wall only 600 mm away. On a still day that narrow passage will become seriously deficient in oxygen and affect the combustion.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back