Boiler recommendation please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have come to the end of our tether with our useless 5 year old Potterton Suprima 120 boiler and are fed up with being COLD!!!

Can anyone recommend a reliable boiler (not a combi), it needs to be for an open vented system (I think) for a 4-bed detached oldish house.

Any recommendations gratefully received, we are looking forward to being warm and toasty again!

:oops:

Sponsored Links
Firstly the best is Viessmann, ECO-Hometec, Atag, Atmos and few others. They cost.

Secondly, what is the problem(s) with the Suprima. They tend top have duff pcb boards. Is that the case? ***** on this forum recons them and can, I think, improve the pcb reliability too.

The Suprima was a dog.

The Worcester Ri is one of the few condensing boilers which can be used on an open vented system. Pretty simple and easy to fit. Generally well thought of.

The Halstead Eden ( or the Biasi badged version ) is also available in a heat only version for an OV system. I would not greatly recommend them though.

Tony

There are loads of regular steamers Alpha Buderus to name but a few. Now you are not going to make me nail my colours to the mast are you?

Just how many manufacturers are Biasi in bed with?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your suggestions folks, very useful.

Thanks also for the suggestion re PCBs, we have had numerous however the boiler just fries them to a cinder every few months (during winter) and Potterton have been unable to do anything to stop it (we are told the other Suprimas had a modification but not the 120).

Any other hot tips gratefully received!

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back