Glowworm Compact 80E - combi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help please,
I have a \\\'Glowworm Compact 80\\\' combi boiler. I was told it was installed new in 1999. The pilot light is on OK but the flame keeps switching off and on every few seconds when I am calling for DHW or CH. This results in the hot water at draw-offs running hot then cold then hot again. The flame ignites then switches off after about 5 seconds then on again after another couple of seconds. The same applies when I call for CH (room stat seems fine). Any ideas folks ? Thanks :(

Sponsored Links
An 8OE doesn't have a pilot light, its electronic ignition, thats what the E stands for. So its lighting, then going out and fluctuating. This means its going into 'instant overheat' because it can't get rid of the heat it is making.

I'd check the pump first. Is it working OK?

Alfredo

yep, checked the pump yesterday and seems to be working. The boiler was working okay for most of yesterday but the fault started up again late last night. Any ideas please ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back