Greenwood Airvac extractor fan - excessive timer delay?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, this is from a complete amateur...

The Airvac in my elderly father's bathroom stays on for what seems an excessive (and variable) time - at least 20 mins, sometimes (he says) up to 60 minutes.

1) Should the delay be consistent?
2) Can it be altered to a shorter time, either by an electrician, or by a careful DIYer?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
I believe that your father's fan may have a humidistat feature, which may be causing what seems to be 'erratic' on/off's . I dont think that that they can be adjusted, but standard fans with a time adjustable over-run are pretty cheap and should be fairly straightforward to fit, ( so long as you get the same size ! :LOL: )
I hope that this helps.

Thanks, Eddiecurrent, that would make sense.

If it does have such a feature, is it better for him to keep the door shut in order to let the fan do its work quicker, or to keep it open so that the humid air disperses through the flat? Not sure which is more logical.

ironb said:
Thanks, Eddiecurrent, that would make sense.

If it does have such a feature, is it better for him to keep the door shut in order to let the fan do its work quicker, or to keep it open so that the humid air disperses through the flat? Not sure which is more logical.

Keep the door shut if its got a undercut.

Otherwise leve it slightly ajar.

Sponsored Links
I personally would go with the door shut method :LOL: , doing this will make the 'noise' less annoying, and maybe contain any odours that he doesn't need 'whafting' around his home !

I'm sure the pro's will advise you further.

All the best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back