Hot water probs - Worcester 28 CDI rsf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first time caller so be gentle. When hot water tap is turned on I only get warm water. I have noticed that the radiators start to heat up aswell. When heating is on the hot water works fine. Got a plumber/ gas eng out, he replaced the divertor valve and everything worked fine for 2 weeks. Now back to original problem. Any guidance would be hugely appreciated

Sponsored Links
I would agree that the problem sounds like a diverter valve fault.

Since whatever he did solved it then that makes me confident that it was the problem.

I would ask if he actually replaced the whole valve with a brand new one or did he just repair it???

Since his repair has failed then surely the obvious thing to do is to call him back?

Tony

Thanks for that Tony, much appreciated. Problem is he has just gone away for a month. He replaced the full divertor valve. Reading other similar problems would cleaning the heat exchanger help. I have also noticed that if i throttle down the hot water tap, to a little over a trickle the hot water does get hot.

If the plate HE was so seriously blocked that it causes leakage into the radiators then is should have been very obvious when he replaced the diverter.

Its just possible that the HE is blocked but it seems more likely to me that the manifold shuttle is not moving fully into the DHW position.

That would either indicate that it is very tight ( I lubricate them with silicone when fitting ! ) or has become contaminated with dirt from the system.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks again Tony. I think what I'll do is lubricate the manifold shuttle and clean the HE while i have the front off. Then i'll give it a flush out and I also have to put the Bathroom radiator back on after decorating, so I'll pop some inhibitor in the radiator before putting it back on line. Hopefully i can get it done for the weekend and i'll let you know how i get on. Once again thanks again for the advice.

Regards Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back