Help me please! Leaking Bay Window Roof!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a new build (about 2 years old) with leaking bay window roof in the main living room. It is a tiled roof. The leak seems to be coming on the ceiling right at where the walls meet the ceiling above the windows i.e. as if it is getting in under the last row of tiles.

We've had the roofing company out a few times and they fixed some of the bottom rows of tiles which had quite big gaps between them but there is still a wee bit of rain getting in but only driving rain with lots of wind.

It seems that it has probably always been leaking but has only "shown itself" now.

Has anyone any suggestions please?! :?: :(

Sponsored Links
i can see the words 'cavity tray' coming to mind.

woodpj3.jpg

:rolleyes: are you pshychic .......I was thinking that too ;)

Is is a big job to get cavity trays installed at this stage when the house is all rendered etc outside?

Sponsored Links
If the house is 2 years old it will have cavity trays - but I don't see what they have to do with it anyway. Probably the flashing.

joe-90 said:
If the house is 2 years old it will have cavity trays - but I don't see what they have to do with it anyway. Probably the flashing.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If the property was only built 2 years ago it should have a 10yr warrantee on it (ie NHBC) contact them and get them to come fix it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back