Bosch Classix 1000 mouldy smelling laundry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, my washing machine drum always seems to have a mouldy dank smell to it and this is beginning to effect washed laundry,any ideas what could it be? I leave teh door open to dry, have checked the drain pump and the pump cap is unblocked; washed the powder compartment but now dont know what to try next. Any advice would be fantastic, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Only thing I can think of is a mild solution of bleach or sterilising solution poured directly into the drum & then do a rinse cycle.

Sponsored Links
this because you do alot of 30 and 40 washes and probably over dosing, (one tablet is enough in modern machines] not all powder dissolves at this temp and it rots in your drum... i would replace the door seal, clean behind it which harbours and lot of smell, then run lots of 90 degree washes with descaler until the smell subsides

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back