brake lights not working on Renault Laguna 1999

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know why my brake lights are not working on Renault Laguna 1999 I swapped bulbs with the fog lights as a quick fix and found that they still do not work?

Sponsored Links
Is there a switch under the foot pedal which has stuck? Have you also checked the fuses?

thanks for that. i don't see any obvious switch - should I? Also, and forgive the bonehead question, I have looked at the fuse box which has a very helpful diagram (pictures of car stereo, fog lights etc), but I can't work out the symbol for the brake lights - any ideas?

Check all the fuses. With spade connector car fuses you can usually tell by looking if the fuse has gone - the connection from one side to the other will have melted away.

I would also check the state of the wiring to the rear light clusters and the boot area generally. In particular the earth connection(s). A haynes manual will help.

Sponsored Links
thanks. that gives me a few options to work with. If you read in the newspapers about a young man blown up while fixing his car, you will know that you tried your best. :)

cheers

Back