baxi system 35/60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anybody explain why the flow switch spindle fails to come out far enough to reach the micro-switch,i have cleaned the spindle and check the diaphram and all is ok,pump runs ok and system pressure is 1.5bar,i would be very greatful for any help,thank you,wes.

Sponsored Links
good morning,thank you for your replies,there is no air in the boiler or pump and i examined the diaphram and it seems ok ie theres no holes in it,do you still think i should change it,im really confused?

Sponsored Links
it seems as if there isnt enough pressure to push the diaphragm out but the is 1.5 bar in the system,when i half close 1 of the boiler isolation valves the spindle will make contact with the micro switch?

Diaphragm most likely, and very inexpensive
Start with this.

thanks baxpoti,i will try that,i would of thought that if the diaphagm wasnt bursted that it would be ok,what other faults can happen with a diaphragm and why would it stop the spindle from moving out far enough? ive came across this problem a good few times with this boiler have you?

Can't really see why a stretched diaphragm would matter on this one :confused:

Was this a question or an observation?:
when i half close 1 of the boiler isolation valves the spindle will make contact with the micro switch?

With reduced flow through the rads, you'll get more pressure from the pump across the switch, so perhaps the pump is knack'd.

Blocked hex would reduce the flow by dropping thre pressure across the boiler, so yes that would make sense too.

Take a capacitor out of an old working pump, and hold it on the terminals of the one that's fitted - see if the pump speed increases. ;)

thanks a million lads,thats a great help,i think the heat ex is starting to get blocked with lime,what chemical would yee recommend me to use to de-scale it,do any of yee know much about fernox ds40????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back