Low Wattage Wall Mounted Heater For Under Stairs Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody it's me again.

I'm trying to locate a suitable heater for a loo. It has to be wall-mounted, to be OOR of any kidlings or slugs (crawling babies!!), but being under the stairs the headroom is limited to ouch, I mean 5'10".

Don't need huge 1kW fan heater, just something that will provide a trickle of background heat to keep the chill off (concrete floor) that looks reasonably non-utilitarian and will not cook unsuspecting sprogs when their backs are turned.

Sponsored Links
Simon, what about tube heaters? They come in 1ft, 2ft, 4ft, 5ft and 6ft lengths and are rated at 60W per foot, operated via a room stat they provide a good background heat that doesn't burn a hole in the pocket either.

They do get hot to touch, so in a confined space like that I would strongly urge the use of a wire guard. These can be bought from wholesalers.

They are not that dear, I found this

That is about standard prices, might be worth a call to see if they do the wire guards too.

J Thanks for looking - this is the closest thing I've found, too, but they look a bit what I call "greenhousey"!!, especially with the wire guard.

Trying to find something a little more pleasing on les yeux.

The next best thing I found was a slimline panel heater, but they would be accessible to kids.

Maybe will have to consider the tubular heaters.

Sponsored Links
Cheers everyone. 30 degrees won't burn the bairns, will it??

Just hope 600 x 300 will fit......!

That's 86° in old money - not hot enough to burn with an accidental touch, I guess.

And you can mount them either way up, i.e. 600x300 or 300x600.

Think I'll be awkward, and mount them neither way up. Think about it!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back