what power flushing machine should i buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am thinking of buying a power flushing machine but im not sure which make i should buy,in your opinion what brand and model would you recommened for domestic flushing,thank you for any replies,wesley.

Sponsored Links
athygas said:
i am thinking of buying a power flushing machine but im not sure which make i should buy,in your opinion what brand and model would you recommened for domestic flushing,thank you for any replies,wesley.

i recently bought the Kamco clearflow CF30. It is a cracking machine comes which all the fittings and hoses you will need and even 2 jobs worth of chemicals. I like the fact that the hoses are clear so you can see any dirt that is being removed. No doubt there are better ones on the market but for domestic powerflushing i thought this was the best.

cheers for your replies micky sounds good,how much was the machine to buy?

athygas said:
cheers for your replies micky sounds good,how much was the machine to buy?

About £700 + VAT give or take a few pounds

Sponsored Links
Norstrom for me, it can take up to 80 deg C water, many of the others can't take that sort of temperature.

CF30 here too. They don't give you waffle like "its only guaranteed if you use our chemicals". Their position is you can use anything. They also have a good pump adaptor, so you only have to remove the pump motor then you can fit the pipes to the body.

yeah the CF30 lets you acid clean limescale which im not too sure if the others do.
As for the 80deg on the other make does it have clear hoses. The CF30 has clear hoses and will take water upto 50 deg and over 50 deg if you use different hoses that arn't clear.
The FX2 cleaning chemical that come with it is very good as well. I tried using others like x800 ferroquest but it still left residue in the pipe as the fx2 more or less stripped the lining of the copper pipe. FX2 only has to be circulating for 15mins to do the job where as ferroquest needs at least an hour to do the same job. I have just ordered some more FX2 from kamco as it worked out a little cheaper with buying in bulk than x800 ferroquest.

I bought the latest Jetflush which I happen to think is superb.

Yes it will only take 40 deg max but it shifts anything I throw at it.

Got a ballcock on the cold fill and the biggest Grundfos pump in it Ive ever seen.
Got reversing valves and will dump both ways

Think it cost me £900 inc but if you want the best....

Stan

make sure its a 'double dumper' as the single dump Kamco i used the other day would not flush the rads proper due to one way TRVS. had to do a manual drain!

bster said:
make sure its a 'double dumper' as the single dump Kamco i used the other day would not flush the rads proper due to one way TRVS. had to do a manual drain!

Must have been an old one then.

the new kamco has a double dump valve on it allowing to dump water in both directions.

The ball valve is a good idea if it will fill up fast enough due to restriction. 3/4" ball valve might be a good idea although not sure if it will fit inside a kamco CF30.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back