Hotpoint Aquarius WF220

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 2 year old Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine WF220 has just started to leak. A puddle forms by the front left foot (Looking at it from the front).

The leak is not continuous, in fact I can't track down when it occurs but it seems to be near the end of the fill cycle. It does not seem to occur on the spin cycles.

I have removed and cleaned out the soap dispenser draw

I am not sure how to take the front off to check the hoses inside.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

crucky

Sponsored Links
To take the front off you first remove the door seal retaining wire and peel the seal away from the cabinet aperture. Remove the plinth trim panel at the bottom and the screws along the bottom edge of the cabinet front. Remove the soap drawer and the screws thus exposed. The fascia panel can now be pulled away at the soap drawer end and unhooked at the other end. This exposes the top screws retaining the cabinet front (which you now remove). You now push the soap drawer housing in slightly and lift the cabinet front upwards to disengage it from pegs on the cabinet sides.

Hi Fido

Thanks for this but where is the door seal retaining wire? I can' t seem to find it

All I want to do is take the top off the machine to get to the hoses.

They make it easy to get at don't they!

Thanks for your help so far

Kind regards

crucky

You said you wanted to get the front off but you may get adequate access to trace the leak by removing the lid. This is fixed with screws along its back edge. It may be leaking from the hose between the soap drawer housing and the outer drum.

Sponsored Links
Hi Fido

Thank you for your patience.

I have removed the 2 screws at the back of the washer and I can lift the back of the lid but I cant release it from the front control panel hence the need to remove the front. However you may know how to release the front of the lid without taking the front off.

Once again thanks for the help.

Kind regards

crucky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back