worcester greenstar 30cdi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not fitted a system before. Customer wants a worcester as above. Had a look at the manual and there are 2 different wiring schemes. One for a system boiler with and one without a diverter valve. Whats the reason for this. Also the one without out has two stats on the cylinder , a cyclinder stat and a temperature cylinder stat - can anyone enlighten me on this? The wiring seems pretty straightforward but I'd like to understand the pluses and cons of these 2 variations of this system boiler.

Sponsored Links
Or am i being a moron and worcester use the same manual for the combi but have not printed system/combi on the front?

No I'm not being a moron they do a separate manual for the combi

Are you quite sure that you really are competent to fit boilers?

Sponsored Links
Suggest you read the manual again it is the one with the optional divertor that shows a cylinder stat and a cylinder sensor but it uses the word OR between them. Unless the cylinder is right beside boiler go for the one without the built in divertor there will less pipework involved . usually.

Agile- I have fitted boilers before so yes I hope I'm competent if still learning! - I have never fitted a system boiler though and must admit I was not aware of the option of having a diverter valve fitted to one, yes it will mean more piepwork but I assume there is less messing about with the electrics as all the components apart from the cyl stat,prog room stat are in the boiler?

Namsag - thanks for your helpful response- yeah I'll read the manual again, I was trying to read it at too small a res from the pdf file- I'm a doofus.

tabs said:
yes it will mean more piepwork but I assume there is less messing about with the electrics as all the components apart from the cyl stat,prog room stat are in the boiler?

Wiring is always easier than pipework and wires dont leak.

Way cheaper to run wires than pipes too!

The extra price of boiler with diverter is usually excessive too.

Tony

Yeah , customer also has all required wiring in place as he has a convential boiler on a vented system at the moment. He doesn't want to have his cylinder replaced either which as its about 10 to 12 years old really should be upgraded to part L compliance?

What are the pros and cons of replacing his old boiler with either
a) a new convential boiler( provide for pump overrun)

or b) a system boiler. I 'm really asking about money and energy efficiency wise here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back