Glow-worm Fuelsaver F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When lighting from cold, the pilot takes ages to light, but usually does eventually. However, on a number of occasions, it knocks out the RCD, MCB's and Earth Leakage are fine, just the RCD, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev, the RCD may well pick up an earth leakage, but it's primary purpose is to detect an imbalance between the "hot" and "Neutral" phases. If it is a leak to earth, and the RCD is more sensitive than my old Chilton Electrics Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker, any ideas as to what may cause the leak in the boiler? Anything I should look at before calling a Corgi plumber?

Sponsored Links
Nickatwharf said:
Thanks Kev, the RCD may well pick up an earth leakage, but it's primary purpose is to detect an imbalance between the "hot" and "Neutral" phases. If it is a leak to earth, and the RCD is more sensitive than my old Chilton Electrics Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker, any ideas as to what may cause the leak in the boiler? Anything I should look at before calling a Corgi plumber?

I agree with Kev, check the pump, I believe that the pump is control and wired from the boiler on this model and has a thermostatic pump over run built in. My second suspect would be the fan.

You may have leakage live to earth or neutral to earth. Kevs right any imbalance will trip RCD earth leakage device.

Thanks guys, I have had problems with damp blowing back into the fan, resolved by removing it and drying it out, then it's fine for a year or two till the rain blows in again. Could it be a bad earth on the fan, or is it definitely a leakage? If so where do I look? The choc block connections to the fan are OK, do I need to start opening up the electrics box at the bottom to check all connections are tight on both boiler and fan feeds?

Nickatwharf said:
Thanks guys, I have had problems with damp blowing back into the fan, resolved by removing it and drying it out, then it's fine for a year or two till the rain blows in again. Could it be a bad earth on the fan, or is it definitely a leakage? If so where do I look? The choc block connections to the fan are OK, do I need to start opening up the electrics box at the bottom to check all connections are tight on both boiler and fan feeds?

I think you may have answered this yourself now! If you are getting rain into the fan then I think that it is this water or dampness that is tracking the current to earth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back