Boiler tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help !
My boiler/ pump is tripping out the socket trip switch, I have bled all the radiators and had the pump and boiler inspected by an electrician how said they were electrically sound, the header tank is also fine as far as I can make out, any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
it's done it 4 times in the last week, 3 of those when it's been on for a couple of hours, we have hot water and all the radiators are at the same temperature, there is a slight gurgling/running water sound from the pipe work near to the boiler after it has switched off when it reaches temperature

I would suspect the pump, but usually these are not intermittent. What boiler is it? How old is it?

I have had one occasion when the rads and hot water were getting hot but when checking the pump the cold fill on the system was blocked so there was not quite enough water going through the pump all the time. This somehow caused the pump to blow the 3 amp fuse. After removing blockage and filled up correctly no more fuses blew :confused:

Sponsored Links
it's a Sime / Riello 40 boiler about 10-12 years old, recently serviced, it's been suggested that it's due to air in the system, should an engineer check the pump before doing anything like draining the whole system.

I would certainly consider checking this first and for any blockages although this is easy to be done once heating system is drained. You local expert is the only person who can come up with a definite solution :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back