Looking for a lockable light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an outside security light operating with a dusk-to-dawn sensor. It is on my own power supply and fitted with an energy bulb, but energy-concious tenants keep switching it off. I am looking for a switch that can be locked to the 'on' position, with the option of switching it off for maintenance. Alternatively, is there a light switch with a cover? Does anyone know of a solution? I have been searching in vain for days!

Many thanks in advance,

Rebecca

Sponsored Links
Yes, if that can simply replace the existing swich, I think it's exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for your swift response.

Sponsored Links
get a key switch m8 , you can get them from screw fix direct , will cost you about a fiver

Thats what kev linked to. :rolleyes:

Oh, he probably sorted it about a year ago anyway :rolleyes:

just realised the bloody date on that thing m8, i'm just new on here thought i could help
lol

Yes, I installed one last year and it's doing the trick. One tenant has obviously tried switching it off as there are scratches around it, but it was tenant-proof and they failed! Result. Thanks for your input anyway Celtic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back