Bosch Classixx 1200 - slight musty smell!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone offer any advice to a novice DIY\\\'er on the following: We have a Bosch Classixx 1200 which has put in about 3.5 years of labour. Just recently, when it completes a cycle there is a musty smell inside the drum and on the washing. Does this mean the filter is blocked and if so, is it easily accessible on this model?
Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Nope, it means you've not done a lot of boil washes in 3 and half years.
You need to do some maintenance washes to get rid of the build up of soap and body fats and to get rid of the bacteria which is causing the smell.

Empty machine, put 1 aerial tablet into the drum (high bleach content that kills the bacteria) and set it to the hottest wash, let it run right through the cycle. You may have to repeat this a few times to clean the machine out properly. Once cleaned out, do a monthly maintenance wash to avoid it smelling again.

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem. I used a washing machine cleaner, biological washing tablets on a max wash but although these helped they didn't resolve the problem totally. I think the smell must have been ingrained in the limescale. However, since using Calgon regularly the machine is beautifully clean and fresh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back