noisy central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some weeks ago I fitted a new pump and had problems with water coming out of the overflow. It was suggested that I turned the pump speed down one notch which did solve this problem. However, the central heating is becoming very noisy with trickling water sounds in the rads, whooshing and banging sounds upstairs. I have vented the rads and the vent above the pump (the one with the knurled nut) on numerous occasions which didnt help. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Keith

Sponsored Links
as youve given so much info.

i think your system is sh £ gged.

not really.
always work backwards.

sh£ gged

fr £kked

and k nadgered.

;)

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you have fitted the pump the correct way round accorinding to the arrow on the body?

If so sounds to me like you have a blockage somewhere. Again I would go for the cold fill if you have an old conventional boiler system. Do you get air out then nothing else when you bleed an upstairs radiator.

The running water noise you describe is a very common sympton of this, as could be the 'pumping over' you describe. The pumping over could be a problem on its own that has caused the system to sludge up and block in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back