Whirlpool ADG 7540

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an issue with our dishwasher, when switching it on any cycle it continuously beeps and the start light flashes continuously as well, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the beeps or flashes. I have removed the drop in filter cleaned it and replaced it, the black filter grid behind this seems to be clear but I can't get it out of the machine to be sure. Please can anyone ?

Sponsored Links
Continuous flashing is error code F1. Failure of the temperature sensor, NTC. Its a twist fit from the underside of the machine.
Hold the start button in for a few seconds to reset the machine, pour a kettle of hot water into the sump and try it again.

Nice one Sleepyhead, I have poured a kettle full of hot water into the bottom of the machine as you suggested and it seems to working fine. Do you think that the temperature sensor maybe on its way out anyway and would it be worthwhile changing it as i have the machine out of its usual position ? Or do you think it will be fine ?

Many thanks for your help so far.

Message to The Golfer, give it a try seems to work for me !
p.s. good luck with the house move.

Sponsored Links
The temperature sensors are quite fickle on these machines. If the ambient temperature drops too low during the night they need to be warmed up before they start working again (most common cause of the fault). Pouring hot water onto them seems to work in a lot of cases, there are a few that have come back again and have had to be replaced. Just a case of try it and see.

Aye those F1 errors are a bloody nightmare...
Few hot kettles of water down the sump and we were right as rain...

Obviously....

lol Only kidding.. Had no idea what it was till I read this...
Cheers..
Saved me a pricey call out fee...

Lee and Sam...

:evil:

PS... If you lose your clicky things that hold your drawers in.. Afew red wall plugs slotted thru the holes do the trick a treat!

and yes.. I do own the rights to that idea!

My dishwasher has justed started to only run cold, just wont heat up any ideas ????

Is it a Whirlpool ADG7540?
Does it go all the way through the program?
Some more information on the machine and the fault will help us try and diagnose the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back