Kenmore Washer problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
I have a Kenmore "heavy duty 70" (not sure how old it is). But this morning when I was washing it seems to not want to drain the water, and it\\\'s not spinning or anything. Actually, it run fine the first cycle, and it drained the first time, but then before the rinse and spin, it doesn't want to drain. It is making a sort of noise, like it's either trying to spin but can't ... it's just a bzzzzzz noise really. It sort of sounds like it did when it was washing.
BUt like I said, won't drain, and won't spin. It somehow made it on it\\\'s own to the spincycle though (full of water of course).
Any ideas?

Edit - the Lid switch does click when I close it. The drain hose is hooked up the same way it has been for always.

Edit 2 - I just took the top off the drain pump to check, and the pump is filled to the top with water, so I guess that rules it the pump being clogged? Seems like it doesn't want to pump the water?

UPDATE: 4 hours later.
Well, I unplugged the washer and let it sit there for a couple of hours. I drained the water manually and started to refill it again, just to check. I plugged it back up, and now it decided to drain the water. So I went "crazy" and washed a load of clothes and everything "seems" to be working normal. Only thing I noticed is that there was a short, maybe grinding noise (like "krrrkkk") when the drain cycle switched over to spin cycle. Any ideas? I'm sort of reluctant to wash more at the moment...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back