electrolux EKC6045

T

tmcd

can someone please tell me how the cable wires are \\\"clamped\\\" into the cooker terminal? its driving me mad and i dont want to have to pay an electrician for some thing that is obviously simple, but at the moment i cant figure out where you put the wires!!! help im really hungry!!

Sponsored Links
Where the cooker wiring terminals are, each terminal probably has two small square flat washers with a bolt through the middle. Insert the cooker cables between the appropriate washers tighten the bolt and "clamp" the cables between them.

Alternatively there's always salad and cold rice pudding.

stem said:
Where the cooker wiring terminals are, each terminal probably has two small square flat washers with a bolt through the middle. Insert the cooker cables between the appropriate washers tighten the bolt and "clamp" the cables between them.

Alternatively there's always salad and cold rice pudding.

thanks for suggestion and i know what you mean but there really isnt anything like that!! there are only big bolts and no way of putting wires anywhere that would mean the bolts sucure them. i hate manufacturers, why cant they have the cooker wired up when its sold like the old days, or at least an instruction of how to do it. is this some con to make us think wiring a cooker in is more complex than wiring a plug? coz they are doing a good job on me!! has anyone got any direct experience of this particular cooker coz i truely am going mad with hunger!!

You need to crimp some ring terminals if that is how they need to be fixed, but you also need to be 100% certain you are connecting them to the right place.

Sponsored Links
thanks everyone for your replies, i have got the manual and page 32 does not show or tell me how i "clamp bare wires into the relevant terminal ....." i know where they go, i just cant figure out how they go in!!! please, someone must have done this to this particular cooker. they must know what i mean???

The wires are clamped under the screws, undo the appropriate screw, put the wire under tighten the screw and the wire is clamped. Look at fig 5 on page 32 and you will see a picture showing some links "clamped" under the screws.

If there is no washer under the screw the screw head must be deemed to be sufficient. If so, wrap the wire around the screw thread in the same direction that the screw is tightened that will stop it being pushed out as the screw is tightened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back