Advice please- can I pebbledash over tyrolean if surface ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can I have a pebbledash finish applied over an existing tyrolean coat if the existing tyrolean coat is mostly sound ?

I know that the parts that are blown will need to be hacked off, but it will make my life a lot easier if I dont have to remove the lot !

Cheers
Rob

Sponsored Links
pebbledash is an expensive, highly skilled and decorative finish. do you really want to take the risk of your home looking like shoite?

i personally would not recommend it.

I know pebbledash is highly skilled, I had a go at doing some when I was in college doing plastering 5 years ago.

I've been a plasterer since then,doing mostly internal with the odd bit of rendering thrown in, so I have a fair idea of the problems associated with dashing.

What I wanted to know was if I can pebbledash over the existing tyrolean as it is mostly sound,just hacking off in places that need it, or do I need to remove the lot and start from scratch ?

because of the weight involved with render+dash, far more than most internal plasters, i would say it makes sense to have the holding power of the bare masonry. once damped down, you will have a pretty good substrate to rely on. the tyrolean on the other hand may be less reliable.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that mate.
I was thinking along those lines and you've just confirmed it really. would have been a lot easier if I could have left it on, but dont want to bodge it up.
Thanks
Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back