DOOR SEAL WIRE ON WASHING M/C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HOW BEST TO GET THE DOOR SEAL WIRE OFF,EXTREMELY TIGHT(AS YOU WOULD EXPECT)I DO NOT WANT TO TEAR/DAMAGE IT!

please note forum rule 6

Sponsored Links
examine the retaining ring all around you will find at a point on the wire ring a spring connecting both ends of the ring.Using a small thin blade screwdriver lever up and pull forward under the wire close to the spring to disconnect retainig ring from door seal

Now how do I get the wire back on? I was able to once, but it has come off and now I can't replace it! I have tried pulling the ends together to stretch the spring but it is so tight I can't. Advice?

Do not unhook ring from spring. With the ring complete ease ring into seal all the way around and leave the spring part of ring to the very last to seat into seal .

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I have tried that unsuccessfully but will try again. Between the free condition and the installed condition the spring needs to stretch almost one inch--very difficult. That seems like a Heck of a lot--does it seem right to you? I will try calling Siemens today to get more information.

Yes thats about right. The spring will stretch if left to very last to seat into seal gutter hold in position the left hand side of spring then lever and stretch right hand side with small blade screwdriver.

assuming its a front loader, and asuming its the seal to m/c front "spring" you are having trouble with its very easy.

when i started at HP it was one of the 1st things i learnt.
put 3 drops of washing up liquid on the spring first then run your hands round it, idea is to make spring lubricated, it will now go on very easily

This is a Siemens front load. This is the circular seal on the fixed front wall of the machine, surrounding the main opening. The door engages the seal when you close the door, to prevent water from coming out. The rubber seal is held on to the wall by a series of "hooks" on the wall. The seal has a groove around its outer periphery. That works fine. The piece I am trying to install is the wire ring that fits into that groove, which "clamps" the seal radially inwardly against those hooks to hold the seal tightly onto the wall. It is a flexible wire ring that is about 4 inches less in circumference than is needed to go fully around the groove. It has a hook on each end. A 3" long tension coil spring extends between the hooks (is removable from one hook) and takes up that three inch gap. The problem is that you need to stretch that 3" long spring out to 4 inches, to install. If I hook up both ends and put the wire in the groove then try to put the spring part in, the force pulls the seal from the hooks. I will try again.

Actually the procedure shown in that video is exactly what I need! Sorry I couldn't be more clear. Apparently the "levering" was what I have been missing. Thank you very much!!!

Well I got it done this weekend. The wire was tight (short) enough that one person could not hold it in place all around while fitting the spring--it would pop out somewhere around the periphery. So I had two helpers who held it in place at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock locations, while I fitted the spring at the 6 o'clock location Went very easily then. The simple answer to my travails is that (1) it is a three-person job, not a one-person job, because of the shortness of the wire, and (2) hook up the spring first, as you show, then lever it into place.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated--thanks again.

Do not unhook ring from spring. With the ring complete ease ring into seal all the way around and leave the spring part of ring to the very last to seat into seal .

Very useful advice. I tried fitting spring to Servis M6012S (fixed front plate!!) and tried it with spring open and FORCE the ends together. After Googling this and other sites, lubricating a closed spring with washing-up liquid and stretching it over the rubber, carefully, proved to do the job. Previous nite, I spent 2hrs unsuccessfully to refit spring other ways. (Lots of verbal diarrhea and frustration!!!) Finally, this posting gave the answer. Nice one. [Bit vexed though that ,y w/m had a fixed front plate. :( ]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back