Zanussi WJS1265 - Random Stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Zanussi washer dryer WJS 1265 seems to be stopping at random points during the wash cycle. The machine seems to add water without issue but then stops and does not proceed. The amount of water added before the appliance stops and the time during the wash cycle seems to vary at random. Every time this happens I am able to cancel the program down to the final 10 minutes (drain and spin) in order to open the door. Appliance has a digital timer so I am a bit stuck with how to investigate.

EDIT: I ran a 90oC cycle and stopped the machine after the water had been added to the drum; the water was cold. Does this suggest that the heating element is at fault? Assuming so I tried to locate the heating element but was unable to find it. I found the heating element for the tumble dryer and have verified that this is getting hot. Where can I find the element for heating the water? And, would this likely be the cause of the machine stopping?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Sponsored Links
THe machine wont stop if the element was faulty. Can you drain the machine when you put it on drain or spin. If yes then the pump is ok. when the machine stops does it bring up an error code. Without looking my guess would be that the motor may be faulty or the pressure swith. You can check the heater by taking the rear half of the machine off. two screws are hidden on each side of the cabinet you need a 8mm socket to open the machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back