Wiring 4inch Bathroom extractor to a plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to run my 4inch fan with built in timer from a regular plug, it will constantly be on, it will be used for a growroom for extracting stale air, it says in the instructions it is double insulated and does not need an earth, there is 3 terminal blocks on the fan, L,N,LS, so i got regular 2 core cable, brown & blue (im in ireland) and wired up to L & N, and used a 3amp fuse in the plug as per instructions. and it sparked, i havent tryed it since , this is the instructions i got with the fan, mine would be FIG.4
dscn1368xq4.jpg

would really appreciate some help on this guys

Sponsored Links
You need to have live going to the LS terminal as well.

As the LS is what turns the fan on. The Live terminal is for the timer on the fan.

I am sure that the others on here will say if this is correct or not :!:

^^ thanks for your reply

Connect blue into N
Connect Brown Into L

and then cut a small piece of brown and run it from L to LS

is this correct??????

Sponsored Links
i am not cultivating cannabis if thats what you mean, i am growing tomatoes in a cupboard, and they need regular air exchange :rolleyes:

ColJack said:
so.........

how many "plants" do you have in the loft then?

Be fair, at least wait until he's asked us about the ins and outs of discharge lighting first! :LOL:

tomatoes in a cupboard? why not outside?

I don't have a greenhouse and our weather is not ideal, its mainly to get certain vegetables started in the vegetation period first, and then transfer some to the garden and some will stay in the cupboard until they flower, maybe some catnip for the cat and some plants that i want to get established quickly, and you never know i just might grow some chronic, btw i am using envirolites which are energy saving grow lamps, a 4''inch extraction for high pressure sodium lighting would be insufficient
what is this mastermind? :LOL:

Ps thanks to mdbalson for the suggestion it worked, you're a gentleman and a scholar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back